Terms and Conditions
Information on the Website
You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ for accessing this Website does not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your own computer system. Except as required by law, we do not accept responsibility for any interference or damage to your own computer system which arises in connection with your use of this Website or any Third-Party websites.
The information provided on this Website is of a general nature only and does not constitute financial advice. You should make your own enquiries before acting or relying on any information or material which is made available to you pursuant to the Website.
Information from third parties
The Website also contains links to the websites of third-party providers of goods and services (‘Third Party websites’). Those links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices associated with Third Party websites.
Our links with Third Party websites should not be construed as an endorsement, approval, affiliation with or recommendation by us of the owners or operators of those websites, or of any information, products or services referred to or contained on those websites, unless and to the extent stipulated to the contrary.
If you have accessed Third Party websites through our website and if those third parties collect information about you, we may also collect or have access to that information as part of our arrangements with those third parties.
Where you access a Third-Party website from our website, cookie information, information about your preferences or other information you have provided about yourself may be shared between us and the third party.
Advertising and tracking
When you view our advertisements on a Third-Party website, the advertising company uses ‘cookies’ and in some cases ‘web beacons’ to collect information such as:
- the server your computer is logged on to;
- your browser type;
- the date and time of your visit; and
- the performance of their marketing efforts.
When you access our Website after viewing one of our advertisements on a Third Party website, the advertising company collects information on how you utilise our Website (e.g. which pages you view and whether you proceed to obtain services from us).
- to allocate a unique number to your internet browsers;
- to customise our Website for you;
- for statistical purposes;
- to identify if you have accessed a third party website; And
- for security purposes.
You are not obliged to accept a cookie and you can modify your browser so that it will not accept cookies. However, if you do so this may affect your browsing experience and certain functions within the Website may not work.
Your IP address is the identifier for your computer when you are using the internet. It may be necessary for us to collect your IP address for your interaction with various parts of our Website.
When you send a completed online form or provide information through our Website to us, we retain the information you have sent us. We are able to then use that information to provide any services that you require.
You can also suspend and save the online form, so you can complete and send the form at a later time. If you suspend or save your form, the information that you have entered will be retained in our systems so that you may recover the information when you resume your form. Online forms that have been suspended or saved may be viewed by us.
Security of information
The security of your information is very important to us. We regularly review developments in security and encryption technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure.
- adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of this Website or from any information obtained from this Website, including in association with any third party websites; or
- commercialise any information, products or services obtained from any part of this website, without our written permission or, in the case of Third Party material, from the owner of the copyright in that material. You must not use any content from the Website in a manner that suggests that you are approved by or affiliated with us.
This Website includes trade marks owned by us (or our licensors). You must not use any of our trade marks in or as the whole or part of your own trade marks or business name or company name; in connection with activities, products or services which are not ours; in a manner which may be confusing, misleading or deceptive; or in a manner that disparages us or our information or services (including this Website).
Limitation of liability
Neither Plej Finance or its directors shall be liable in any way for any loss or damage suffered by you through your use of the Website, including but not limited to loss or damage arising in connection with:
- your use of the Website;
- any defects, viruses and any other malfunctions caused to any equipment and other software in connection with access or use of the Website;
- the information provided on or via the Website;
- the interception, modification or misuse of information transmitted to us or transmitted to you;
- the functioning or non-availability of the Website;
- the misuse of the Website;
- claims by third parties in connection with the use of the Website;
- any loss or unauthorised access to any data or information that you provide to us when using the Website; and
- any loss arising from unauthorised transactions arising from the use of your Account Credentials or Account Information.
If the whole or any part of a provision of these Terms is void, unenforceable or illegal in a jurisdiction it is severed for that jurisdiction. The remainder of the Terms have full force and effect and the validity or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction is not affected.
A Borrower will be charged a Dishonour Fee of $10.00 if their direct debit payment is dishonoured by their financial institution.